Friday, February 15, 2013

I Shall Dream Of Asteroids



Don't mock

It seems that no matter how close something happens, some people just do not see. And that's the way it should be. People should always have faith of their own free will and not be coerced into something out of fear or end of the millennium panics.

So an asteroid was supposed to pass close by earth today and if it had impacted us there have been a global catastrophe, and instead, a meteorite exploded over Central Russia and over a thousand people were injured.(No, I didn't think the asteroid would have landed)

But whenever I get into this space, something..happens. I thought about the present pontiff, and wrote about him in Why Rome?  and sure enough, he up and quits. And lightning strikes St. Peter's dome, twice.

Seriously, these are little signs. Not enough to make any one change, not even a little bit, and this makes me laugh. What changes people is not an asteroid or meteor that hits earth somewhere else,  but, the personal shift that happens when something comes along and gives a quick boot up the ass.

And that, is something that people, countries, and religions need, sad to say.

Me, I'm an observer. Yet somehow, change seems to follow me. I think of a place, or a person, and change follows. When you're ready, let me know.

Edited To Add: The day after I posted this, Rome was hit by another earthquake. Residents, alarmed by a scientist who'd successfully predicted that some major earthquakes would hit Central Italy, panicked. As someone who's been closely following Italy, and the Catholic Church, for some time, all I can say is that change must come.

No comments: